Why is there a need for Hand in Hand Ministries?
- Lack of community group homes.
- Care-giver crisis in Georgia is rising. Aging caregivers and parents can no longer provide or adequately meet the needs of their disabled adult children.
- There are currently over 17,000 adults in Georgia with developmental disabilities. They have nowhere to go for continued education and growth.
- Limited post-school opportunities for this underserved population.
- We currently have enough adults, who are ready to make this transition and benefit from this unique option to meet their post school individual needs.